May 8, 2014

MY INFLIGHT ESSENTIALS & ROUTINE


Guess what! In about a weeks time, I will be flying out to Singapore & Hong Kong! I'm not staying too long in Singapore, but am beyond excited because I've never visited this wonderful place that promises nothing but good food and lots of shopping. I have pretty much planned out everything I'm going to pack, as you do when you are anticipating a holiday getaway! So let's talk inflight essentials!


We all know how exhausting a long haul flight can be, so it's all about taking care of the skin when I'm on a plane. As soon as it takes off, I whip out Neutrogena Cleansing Towelettes to remove my makeup, then double cleanse with Bioderma Crealine H20 Solution (I will be buying a travel size for the flight). I think Bioderma is extra crucial when I'm travelling, as it does not require any rinsing and is super gentle on the skin.


Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask (which I will be putting in a small jar) is the best way to treat the skin without any hassle. It applies like a thick hydrating cream and dries clear, so no one can tell that you are doing a mask while you have it on - which is good when you are sitting next to a stranger! I generally slap a generous amount of this stuff on my face, along with Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment and Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips (yeh, it sounds weird), then settle down for a couple of movies and possibly a nap.


I'm not particularly fond of Michael Todd Citrus Spray, but any facial mist (travel size of course) will do the job to keep the skin hydrated throughout the flight. I try to spray this as often as I can - I actually have one at work too so it's become quite the habit of mine.  About 1-2 hours before landing, I take out my Bioderma again to wipe off the mask, then apply Anitpodes Divine Face Oil and Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream. I've been into oils lately and have found this duo to be perfect together, especially when my skin is feeling particularly dry and dehydrated. It doesn't wear too oily, and can be applied underneath makeup without it sliding around.

So that's how I try to tackle a long haul flight, skincare-wise! What are some of your inflight essentials? Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)