February 21, 2014

TOP 5 CONEALERS


Concealer is like magic to me. It gives the illusion of flawless skin and makes us look wide awake even though we've stayed up till 3am the night before. It is a MUST in my makeup routine. No matter how late I am running, or even when I want to keep things minimal, I've got to slap on some concealer. I don't leave the house without it either, it's what I grab the most throughout the day when I'm in need of a touch up. I've trialled many concealers, and the following 5 are products I would repurchase in a heartbeat…at least till I find something better. Let me know what some of your favourite concealers are! I would love to know! ;)


Bobbi Brown (Under Eye) Corrector in Light to Medium Peach
I know this isn't technically called a concealer, but it sort of works on the same principle. I haven't come across another product that lives up to this when in comes to covering up dark circles - so trust me, this one is a miracle worker. The corrector itself looks a little peachy in the pan, but this helps cancel out dark blue underneath the eyes, eliminating the appearance of dark circles instantly. I've gone through tubs of this, which probably means I shouldn't stay up so late more than anything, but if you are a night owl like me, Bobbi Brown Corrector will work very well for you.


Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in #2
I went through a phase where I only used this concealer and refused to try anything from another brand - it's that good! Laura Mercier Secret Concealer is somewhat on the thicker side, it has great coverage and is one of the few products that can be used when my skin is dehydrated without accentuating dry areas (under the eyes or all over the face). It doesn't wear cakey, and is easily blendable and great to work with. However, because of the creamy texture, I would recommended dusting some finishing powder on top to keep it lasting longer.


MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC25
I think this one has been very hyped up about, and I can definitely understand why. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer is the ultimate product for hiding imperfections, the coverage is amazing - I believe the MUA said it would even work on moles! I don't use this all over my face though, only on the worst pimples or scars because it does wear quite thick and can look somewhat heavy. You really need the tiniest amount of this concealer, it goes a long, long way. I've had my tube for a while now but have barely made a dent!



Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in #10 Light
This has been my most used, cannot-live-without, concealer since my discovery of it last year. I absolutely love the formula - it's lightweight, great coverage and wears very natural. It blends in well across a wide range of foundations, and can be applied with either a brush or with fingers. The best thing of all though, is that Maybelline Fit Me Concealer is super affordable! I've gone through 3 tubes of this stuff, and also have 3 more in my stash - 1 in my makeup bag, and 2 sitting on my vanity (one in a lighter shade for underneath the eyes and one to suit my overall complexion). Maybelline has really sold me on this! 


Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser/Concealer in Light Pale
Another great one for underneath the eyes. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer is smooth and creamy, and doesn't require much effort to blend out (unlike some drier formulas). I think in terms of covering dark circles, Bobbi Brown Corrector is slightly more effective, but this is great for those days where you aren't too deprived of sleep. I was initially resistant to this because of the sponge applicator, but have since come to love how easy it is to spread the product underneath the eyes. However, this is something you probably shouldn't share around or use on different clients, because it's just not very hygienic (mine actually looks pretty gross).

So that's my top 5! I'm sure I will change my mind once something new floats around the blogosphere, but for now I would highly recommend any of the above, especially the Maybelline concealers which are very affordable. Thanks for reading! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)