January 27, 2014

CURRENT BLUSH LOVE



I started this a while back (see here) - it's my idea of a 'favourites' post, but PURELY featuring blushes. Next to lipsticks, blushes are my second most purchased makeup items, so I'll make any excuse to ramble on about them. Plus I haven't done a blush post in a while, so here goes!


Benefit Box o' Powder in Rockateur
This one was all the rave when it was first released, so I don't think it needs any introduction. I've always been a fan of Benefit Box o' blushes, they are nicely pigmented (though this varies slightly between shades) and are easily blendable on the skin. Rockateur is a beautiful shimmery rose gold, it applies a little more peachy against my skin, but lovely nonetheless. It's one of those 'it-goes-with-everything' shades that would wear well on many people.


MAC Powder Blush in Well Dressed
MAC blushes are one of my ultimate weaknesses, there are just so many shades to choose from, and to collect! Well Dressed is a subtle pink with cool undertones. It has a satin finish, and though it swatches with more shine on the arm, you can barely it once applied the cheeks. This one is slightly less pigmented than Rockateur, but I really like the soft finish which can be built up if you are after more colour. I'm not too sure how this would wear on darker skintones though, but if you are around NC20-25, this is a great everyday blush!


NARS Blush in Luster
NARS Luster swatches quite intense on the arm, it looks really orange in the pan but blends out to a gorgeous soft apricot with a gold sheen finish on the cheeks. NARS blushes are generally very pigmented, and I have to be extra careful with this one because too much of it can also wear a bit shiny. The texture of the blush is great to work with, it's very soft and effortless to blend out. I would recommend Luster to anyone who is in the market for an orangey blush, it's very wearable and the shade is beautiful!

The longevity of all 3 blushes are very good, lasting up to 7 hours before any noticeable fading. My cheeks are generally dry though (I have dry/combo skin) so this may vary on oilier skin types.

What are some of your current favourite blushes? Share the love! Thank you for reading and taking the time to leave a comment! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)